Infrastructure and Security Manager
Medisoft is looking for a driven and enthusiastic IT Infrastructure and Security Manager to join our team. This role will be based at our offices in Leeds (with a hybrid-working model), and occasional travel may be required. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary from £40,000 - £45,000 per annum depending on experience.
Who are we?
Medisoft is an award-winning Leeds-based healthcare IT company; developing and supplying the
UK’s best-selling ophthalmology patient records system. Our flagship product is used routinely at
over 150 hospitals worldwide to help clinical teams assess vision defects and save sight.
As a software development business, we value technology and are committed to utilising the most relevant products to achieve our goals, whilst keeping a strong focus on information security.
About the IT Infrastructure and Security Manager role:
We are seeking an enthusiastic professional to own the continuous improvement, management and support of the internal and cloud infrastructure used by our team. The role combines ownership of strategy and process with the hands-on technical work to support and develop the technical facilities available to colleagues whilst ensuring best-practice security and governance.
We offer a generous package, which includes:
- Full time, permanent role (37.5 hours)
- Flexible working; core hours 10:00 – 3:00
- Hybrid working model (minimum of one day in five in the office, dependent on job role)
- Modern air-conditioned office within a short walk from Leeds Train Station
- Free on-site gym
- Casual dress
- Generous referral bonus of £2,000
- Annual Team Tour (restrictions permitting)
- Learning & Development programmes and opportunities,
- Support to gain Microsoft qualifications.
- Employer matched 5% Pension contributions.
- Incremental annual leave entitlement
- Buy & Sell Annual Leave scheme up to 5 days
- Cycle & Travel to work schemes
- Eye care and contribution to DSE eyewear
- Part of global Group company with opportunities for personal growth across multiple business areas and regions.
Your responsibilities as our IT Infrastructure and Security Manager will include:
- Manage and maintain the internal network, server, and client estate, as well as externally-provided IT services, including potential involvement with our Azure-hosted customer-facing environments
- Closely understand, review and manage the company’s IT security strategy and risks, including patch and vulnerability management
- Continually review business IT requirements and weaknesses in line with market IT developments, and recommend improvements or areas for deeper investigation
- Monitor and manage backups, including off-site media
- Research, recommend, procure and implement IT equipment and services, building strong relationships with suppliers and other third parties
- Implement, regularly review, and ensure compliance with accreditation schemes and policies such as Cyber Essentials, ISO27001, DSP Toolkit, Business Continuity Planning, etc.
- High-level management of the portfolio of applications in use across the business including the Microsoft partnership and licensing arrangements
- Provide day-to-day IT support to around 70 colleagues, including account provisioning
- Lead regular infrastructure board meetings to review progress, risks, priorities, budgetary requirements, etc.
- Liaise with IT teams across the Heidelberg Engineering group to share best practice, coordinate priorities, etc.
- Out of hours work approximately twice a month for system maintenance (e.g. server updates) without impact on the business
What we’re looking for in a IT Infrastructure and Security Manager:
- Extensive experience of setup and administration of Windows Server, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Hyper-V, Share and Folder Permissions
- Experience of configuring and troubleshooting TCP/IP networking, including switches, routers and firewalls, VLANs and VPNs
- Basic hardware maintenance of servers and PCs
- Leading technical workstreams, with confidence to plan and carry-out actions, request resources, ensuring completion to quality and to schedule
- Interest in new computing technologies and how these can be applied for a real business advantage
- Clear, accurate and assured written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to politely challenge the justification of a request
- Ability to manage a changing workload with a range of importance and urgency
- Confidence to admit gaps in knowledge and to ask for information or guidance